It's evening in America, and the sun is setting on the world

Well. Here in the good old United States, things are getting very severe. They are getting very crazy. I look at today's headlines and I do not even know where to begin. I sit numbly in front of the computer screen, shaking my head.

I'm in awe of how the Lord works. How this little thing and that little thing over time now connect to make a worse thing. And this nudge is repeated and that connection repeated since time immemorial, the dots are connecting and it is all coming down. I'm amazed.

The stocks crumbled today in the aftermath of Standard and Poor's downgrade of our previous AAA credit rating to AA+ with Negative Outlook. Gold is at record high on the stocks crash. The UK Daily Mail's headline was screaming veritable panic: "Bloodbath! Panic grips Wall Street as desperate investors rush to sell and Dow goes into freefall". The stock market is not only tanking, but the big financial corporations are turning on each other. Kind of reminds of the book Lord of the Flies.

The drought in the American central south is deepening. A Texas town ran out of water today. What a horror for the residents! Israel suffered the worst earthquake (4.2) they have had all year.

The killing in Syria continues. Jerusalem deals with enormous protests, 320,000 march in the streets. London is burning in massive riots. The damage is incredible.

Jesus warned that because of the increase in wickedness (sin), love of most would would wax cold (Mt 24:12). The godless want to be rid of us Christians so that they can be in 'peace' but even before the Restrainer (Holy Spirit) is taken out of the way (2 Thess 2:7) that sin is rising and giving rise to evil deeds. Like this one:

"Housekeeper Says Queens Monk Kept Her As "Slave" or this one, "Chained up with the dog: The Chinese boy kept as slave by uncle". Or this one: "Elisabeth Fritzl was forced to help build the dungeon where she was kept by her sadistic father Josef, it emerged yesterday. For the first nine months of her 24 years in captivity, she was also tethered with a 5ft dog leash around her neck to prevent her escape." So a dad turns sadistic, forces his daughter to build her own dungeon and then chains her up. Unbelievable.

Paul warned Timothy that in the last days people would be without natural affection, meaning, without the natural affection felt between kindred, as a parent to a child. Or an uncle to a niece. Headlines like these are not just headlines. They involve real people. Real people betrayed by the very people they should be able to trust most, and forced to live a horrific life devoid of humanity. I could continue with posting the headlines that would shock and cause anxiety and dismay to one and all. But the thing that really should cause anxiety and dismay is the fact that the Restrainer is still here, restraining, and these are already horrific headlines. The rapture has not occurred and the Days of Lot and the Days of Noah haven't even begun yet. Meaning, it will get worse. A lot worse.

Please, please, please PLEASE repent. If you have not already confessed your sins and asked Jesus to be your Lord (who will forgive you), the tensions and distress of these days will be so much more magnified beyond all imagining. You will be left behind to wallow in your sins and everyone elses's and if you still have any sentience, conscience, or morality, you will long for days when ALL they did was chain you up. The horror of daily life during the tribulation will be all riots. All brutality. All cold-heartedness.

But you can repent now and become part of the Bride of Christ, His church, His brethren. The rapture will take us out of all this and the worse part to come. See, He has told us ahead of time: "Come, my people, enter into your rooms And close your doors behind you; Hide for a little while until indignation runs its course." (Isaiah 26:20). He wishes that no one perish in their sins, and that means you. He knows your name, and He wants for you to be one of His. Please do it now. The time is short.

Comments

  1. My feelings today have been so polarized. On one hand, I am sad and alarmed and highly upset by news stories today, and the past few days. But on the other hand, I'm thrilling at the knowledge that we are every moment closer to Christ's return. I can't wait to be called home! And yes, the time is so so short. Today has reaffirmed that.

    Adding to all of that, I feel such a heavy weight for the lost. Times such as there never were are coming. I pray that many will come to this blog out of curiousity, see the truth and be saved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing that Emily. Your kind and sensitive comments are akin to mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the Rapture has been imminent anyway, and I've felt for awhile that we are INCREDIBLY close (definitely LESS than 50 years away, even feels like less than 5)... but it really does now feel like it could be any moment.

    Who will complete the number of the church? Imagine being that person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes my heart ache! My hubby and I were talking about the market this morning and he just walked away shaking his head. Everything is spiraling downward. I feel like Emily, so sad but excited at the same time.

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with Emily and Child of God here. A part of me is shaking my head while watching everything unfold. I do believe things are going to get much worse. Yet, on the other hand I am excited knowing it will not be long till I see Jesus. It is also exciting to see Bible prophecy right before our eyes.

    To all those who are reading this blog and are not saved, repent today and receive Jesus as Lord and Savior. He died to save you. He paid your sin debt so you do not have to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is happening in Texas and other parts of the United States is, indeed, terrible. However, the woman in the article above needs to be spanked. She has more water right now than many parts of Africa. Instead of giving her grandchild a bath in it, she could wet a washcloth and just wipe the child down and use a fraction of the amount of water used in a bath. If everyone in that town did that, think of the amount of water that would NOT go down the drain! We Americans all need to learn to conserve our natural resources! It's only going to get worse.

    What frightens me more is the rioting going on in so many parts of the world, including parts of the US. Think about what just happened in Wisconsin recently!! Plus all of the mob robberies going on all over the US.

    There will be no place 'safe' on this planet. Only those whose hope is found in our Lord Jesus Christ can rest in security and safety, and that is not as the world describes it, but in our eternal life in Jesus Christ.

    Persecutions of Christians have been going on since Christ returned to heaven. We in America have been so insulated and so very unaware of it all. Thousands upon thousands, millions!, have given their lives for Christ in China, the former Soviet Union, the Middle East, Africa, South America, Indonesia, etc. The US is only now beginning to feel the very first tidbits of what the rest of the world has been suffering for 2,000 years. It's not new at all, except to Americans, especially those who have been brain-washed by the Prosperity Gospel.

    Our sermon (verse by verse through John) on Sunday was from John 15:18-16:4. A good reminder that Jesus promised his disciples, and us as well in other passages, that the world would hate them, and us, because of him, and that we would suffer because it hates him. The pastor explained how each of these disciples were killed for Christ. It is, in fact, a privilege to suffer for Christ - and we will! Nice to say and think, difficult to do and live through, impossible without the Holy Spirit.

    "“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin. He who hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’
    “When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.
    “All this I have told you so that you will not go astray. They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. I have told you this, so that when the time comes you will remember that I warned you. I did not tell you this at first because I was with you."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am speechless over these things happening all at once. It's just..I don't know..The world as we know it is crumbling right before our eyes. I pray that more and more people would come to know Him in the midst of all these chaos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment