Praise to Jesus as the I AM

I'm so glad I have a Savior who is eternal. Because He is eternal, He is independent, self-sustaining, and forever self-sufficient. He is outside of time and matter, therefore He is the I AM, as seen in these metaphorical statements-

I AM the Bread of Life (John 6:35, 41, 48, 51);
I AM the Light of the World (John 8:12);
I AM the Door of the Sheep (John 10:7, 9);
I AM the Good Shepherd (John 10:11,14);
I AM the Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25);
I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6);
I AM the True Vine (John 15:1, 5).

And these absolute statements:

Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:58)

God said to Moses, "I am who I am." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel: 'I am has sent me to you.' " (Exodus 3:14).

Praise Him today for one of His attributes.

Comments